Thursday, February 27, 2014

Twenty-eight Days of Art

Today I have been all over the place with my art work.  I worked on several projects throughout the day.  First I started with one of the bookmarks I had left over from the Mini Book I did yesterday.
Added some pen work by letting the design of the colors tell me what they wanted.

Then I worked on my printmaking plate.  I will be adding four different colors to this before printing.  However, before I can add any more colors I need to let this dry completely.

While my paint was drying, I worked on a drawing for a collagraph I want to print.
Still have some tweaking to do on this.

Next, I took Yupo paper, Ranger Inks, Pinata Inks and a straw to create this piece.  You drop some ink onto the paper and blow through the straw to create different patterns on the paper.

Here's a close-up.
I am going to add some pen and ink to the piece also.  I can really see the patterns on this close-up.

Now that my plate is dried, I can add a second layer of paint as shown here.  You can see that the paint is very wet.  Will have to wait until tomorrow to add my third layer.

Here we are at 27 days of Twenty-eight Days of Art.  One more day left.

No comments:

Post a Comment