Sunday, February 16, 2014

Twenty-eight Days of Art

The family is expecting a wee one, so today, for "Day 16" of Twenty-eights of Art,  I am creating a baby quilt for the new arrival.  Here are the fabrics I have chosen to use in the quilt.

The design I am using is the same as the 1600" quilt, except these strips only add up to 777". These strips are cut at 2" instead of 2-1/2" and they are only 20" in length.  Here they are, cut and ready to sew together. 

A tangled mess, but don't all the fabric look pretty together?

First half of the quilt sew.

Quilt top with both halves sewn together.  I want to add a small inner border with white fabric, but I didn't have enough to do the border, so will have to wait until tomorrow when I can get to the fabric shop.  Then I can add the outer border, which I already have.

Part two, finishing quilt top will continue tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment