Saturday, February 14, 2015

52-Weeks of Book Binding, Journals and more...

Week 7

I'm a couple of days behind for my post.  Have been out of town visiting the South; Atlanta, Georgia to be specific.  Just got back yesterday.  Although the trip was great, it's always good to be back home.  I guess it's true when they say, "Home is where the Heart is". 

I mentioned earlier, for the month of February, the books would be related to Valentine's Day.  So, I thought, why not a heart book.  It's very plain, very simple and can be created in one day.  The book can be left plain, or fully embellished.  How apropo that the post fell on Valentine"s Day.


I took two pieces of corrugated cardboard and drew a heart pattern, then cut out two, one for the front cover and one for the back cover.

I punched three holes to add rings for the binding and another for the lock and key, which I will add later.

I went through my stash of scrapbook papers and auditioned them to see which ones I liked best for the outside of the covers and which ones I liked best for the inside of the covers.

When I found the ones I liked, I traced the pattern on the back side, cut them out and glued to the outside and inside covers.  Remember to punch holes in the papers as well.


Then I traced the pattern on twenty sheets of 110# cardstock and cut them out.  Yes, I traced all twenty hearts and cut each one out by hand. 
Twenty heart shapes cut by hand

Now, punch holes in the cardstock, matching the holes on the cover.  Before I added the key rings, I drew little  hearts around the holes on the front cover.  The lock and key I got at a discount store.  Cost me only $1.

Your done! 
 It goes a lot faster If you have an electronic cutting machine to cut everything out.  I did not. 
 "Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment