Monday, September 14, 2015

PORTRAITS



A few weeks ago I ordered Pam Carriker's Book "Mixed Media Portraits" along with her DVDs.  I have already watched all the DVDs, and skimmed through the book. 

It wasn't until today, that I finally had the time to sit down and attempt to follow along with the book to draw this portrait:

Personally, I think it's not too shabby for my first attempt, but I know with practice, drawing portraits will get better and easier.  The step-by-step in Pam Carriker's book, maker it easy to follow along.  I know I have a ways to go, but as Pam says herself, "you are not going for a perfect face, but an interesting one".  Yaw, I would say it's pretty interesting.  

I drew the portrait in my journal, and I have to say, it was by coincidence that I happen to draw the portrait on this page with this quote from Nicola Tesla.

No comments:

Post a Comment