Saturday, September 19, 2015

52-Weeks of Book Binding, Journals and more...

Week 38
"Slant Book"


This weeks book is called a "Slant Book", because it was made diagonally.

I started off with my pages...

I printed lines diagonally.  One side was printed with the lines slanting from right to left and the other side was printed with the lines slanting from left to right.
I have to say that this was the hardest part of the whole book.  I had a hard time getting the lines to meet up, so that they were straight.

I cut the paper 8" X 8" and then...

folded them in half, diagonally.  Once I had my pages all cut and folded, I used the Codex stitch to bind the pages together.  I had two pages per signature.

I cut a piece of chip board 8" X 8" and then cut in half diagonally.  I painted one side white using acrylic paint.

 Once I chose the paper I wanted to cover my covers with, I cut it 8" X 8" and then cut in half diagonally.  


I glued one of the covers to the front page of the book and one cover to the back page of the book.


I added some brown duct tape to edge and viola!  Done (see picture above).
Your book is now ready for some journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment