Thursday, January 8, 2015

52-Weeks of Book Binding, Art Journals & more...

Here we are, second week of 52-Weeks of Book Binding, Art Journals and More...

For this weeks post, I decided on another simple booklet.
 

I started with Tan Cardstock for my cover and Strathmore's Tone Tan paper for my signatures
(about 7 sheets).

I cut the tan paper to fit inside the cover (8.5" X 11").

I folded he cardstock in half, creating the cover for my booklet, and folded each sheet in half.  I used a bone folder to crease all the papers and the cover.  I marked both the cover and the first folded paper with a "T", so when I sew papers and cover together, everything will line up.  

With a pencil, I made a mark 1" from the top and bottom and in the center.

I nestled he papers together and added the cover.  
Using a large eye needled I sewed the papers and cover together.

I drew a grid on the front cover, to do a design similar to the one I posted on March 1, 2014 .
That one was more free form.  This one will be more geometric.

Here is the finished booklet.  
I added Washi tape to the fold and rounded the corners of the cover and inside papers.
(NOTE:  If you going to round the corners, it's easier to do before you bind the book.  ASK ME HOW I KNOW ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment