Thursday, January 1, 2015

52 Weeks of Book Binding, Art Journals & more...

Week one of 52 Weeks of Book Binding, Art Journaling & more...

This holiday season was a busy one for me this year.  With visits from relatives, and friends popping in and out and all the preparations for the holidays, it left very little time for anything else.

The book I created for this week is a very simple one.  An "According Fold Booklet".  Super easy, super simple.


I started with Strathmore Watercolor Paper, size 6" X 18", 140#.  I bought this paper awhile back thinking I would use it for watercolor landscapes, but never did.

I scored the paper every 4", which gave me four folds.  After cutting off what was left, it gave me enough to use as a bookmark to make at a later date,  if I choose.

I then folded along the score lines and creased each fold with a bone folder.

I chose these two pieces for my front and back covers.  I found the one on the left on Pinterest, which I thought was so apropos.  I cut each 4" X 6" and glue them to the front and back of the booklet.

Finiahed Book

1 comment: