Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Junk Journal

What is a "Junk Journal"?


On my last post, I mentioned I would explain what a "Junk Journal", which I plan to do.  First, I would like to show you what I did with the left over pieces from the 2017 Calendar I made.  I took the left over pieces and glued it onto a 9" X 12" manilla envelope, then folded it in half to create the cover for the book.


Here is the inside.  I glued a piece of cardstock to the inside to make the cover a little sturdier.  I will eventually add my signatures to the book.  


Now onto Junk Journals.  
A junk journal is a journal made out of junk.   Not really junk, but left over papers to make signatures for the inside of the book.  You can use left over scrapbook papers, cardstock, envelopes, magazine pages, painted papers, et cetera.  The cover can also be made out of left over materials as this one here.  The covers were made from a cereal box and covered with calendar pages.  I used scrapbook paper for the spine.

Here are some of the pages in the book:


On the left, I took some left over scrapbook paper, punch one side to give it decorative edge and glued it in place.  On the right I added a pock and some tags I  made from left over scrapbook paper.


On this page, I decorated a strip of scrapbook paper as I did with the picture above and glued on three sides creating a pocket.  The picture is a transfer.


the page on the left is scrapbook paper.  On the right it is a magazine page.  I stapled a doily folded in half to create a pocket and added a tag, again made of left over scrapbook paper.


On the left of this page, I made a belly band and added a miniature book.  
On the right is another piece of scrapbook paper.


When I had all my signatures together, I sewed them to the cover and Voila!  I was going to add beads to the strings, but then decided not too.  I need to cut them off. 

So, making a Junk Journal is really quite easy 
and a great way to use up all those left over scraps we all have laying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment