Saturday, August 22, 2015

52-Weeks of Book Binding, Journals and more...

Week 34


This week's post is a Writing Tablet.  I made one of these years ago.  While I was cleaning and reorganizing my studio, I came across the one I made back then.  It gave me the idea for this week's post.


There are very few supplies needed to make this.  What you will need, 1-sheet 12" X 12" cardstock for the cover, 1-sheet 8-1/2" X 11" cardstock for back and one writing tablet (mine is 7" X 5").  Additional supplies: tape and/or glue.


Measure the height of your tablet and cut to size.  Now fold over the width of your tablet twice and the one more time with the remainder.  Example:  my width was 5", so I fold over 5" and then 5" again, which left a remainder of 2".  The first fold will be the pocket.  Measured 3" up from the outer edge and 4" down from the top.  Draw a line diagonally.  Cut along the diagonal line.
  

Glue the 2" flap to the back of the tablet.


Glue or tape the side and bottom of the pocket.


Cut the second piece of cardstock to size, cut and glue to the back of the tablet.


Your writing tablet is complete.  How cool is that?


Great for gift giving.  Try using blank paper and turn your writing tablet into a sketch tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment