Thursday, August 13, 2015

52-Weeks of Book Binding, Journal and more...

Week 33

I can't believe I'm already at "Week 33".  
Only nineteen more book to go. 
 WOW!

I had lots of fun creating this booklet.  I got the idea from the Paper Source Store.  However, their book was about double the size of mine.  So, you can add as many pages as you would like to have in your book.


The front and back covers of their book were made from, I'm guessing, good quality scrapbook paper.  I can't remember how  many the book in the store had, but I used three 8-1/2" X 11" sheets for the front and back.  I found this paper when I was organizing my studio one day and set them aside, because I knew I wanted to use them for something.  What?  I did not know at the time, but I'm glad I saved them instead of giving them away.  


I use a Codex Binding, which is the same binding I used for the "Map Book" and "The Ladies by The Sea Book" and was the same stitch used in the book from the Paper Source Store.  I like this binding because it's easy to do and you do not have to worry about gaps between your signature.

Inside Front Cover
Inside Back Cover


I purchased some really nice quality stationery at the Paper Source Store to use for the pages in my book.  I bought the off-white instead of white and used three sheets for each signature.  I like the way the off-white paper looks against the covers.  The idea of using folded scrapbook paper for the covers saves a lot of time. Not having to create the covers made putting the book together fast and easy, and I think the scrapbook paper looks just as good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment