Friday, July 10, 2015

52-Weeks of Book Binding, Journals and more...

Watercolor Journal

For this weeks post I made a watercolor journal.

The covers of the Journal are made from clear divider folders. 

The packet of dividers I bought had different designs to choose from.  I chose this patter for my covers.  


 I cut off the tap and the end with the holes and then in half for the front and back covers.

For my pages I used regular watercolor paper, some mixed media paper and some Yupo watercolor paper.

I cut up some peerless watercolor paint into small squares and glued them to a sheet of watercolor paper ...
... and added a legend, so I would know what each of the colors are.  Peerless watercolors are not always what is on the paper.  For instance,  the color on the bottom left corner looks like brown, but the color is really a Pearl Grey.

I also added a sheet of pallet paper for mixing colors.

And there you have it.  All you need is a waterbrush and you're all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment