Thursday, April 9, 2015

52-Weeks of Book Binding, Journals and more...

No-Sew, No-Glue Booklet
aka Slot/Tab Booklet

Looking through the Winter 2015 Magazine issue of Pages by Cloth Paper Scissors, I found this article on how to make a No-Sew, No-Glue Book aka Slot and Tab by Indira Govindan.


She made two versions.  One in paper the other using fabric.  I followed her instructions to make my own Slot and Tab Book.  She used inks and stencil and on mind, I painted the pages with Gesso.

I had a little trouble trying to put mine together.  The slot pages kept tearing, but I solved that problem by reinforces those pages.  She had a cover for her book, so natually, I made a cover for mine.

I made the cover pages a bit larger for both front and back, so I would have a fold over.  Then I added washi tape to cover the spine and help reinforce the pages, so they would hold together nicely.

And there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment