Thursday, April 30, 2015

52-Weeks of Book Binding, Journals and more...

Week 18
Illuminated Transcript

Looking through the Winter 2015 Magazine Issue of Pages by Cloth Paper Scissors, I found this article on how to make an "Illuminated Transcript".

The red back ground was painted using black and red acrylic paint.  The blue triangles and circles were painted with black and turquoise acrylic paint.  Both were painted on heavy cardstock.  I drew the bird design and the top and bottom Mandalas on heavy cardstock.  The center Mandala was a stamped image. Gold leaf was added to the illuminated letter and then embellished with vines.  The design on the blue triangles were drawn in using a black 03 permawriter.

I had fun creating this page.  The only thing I would do differently next time, is use colored cardstock instead of using acrylic paint.  I can see doing many more pages and binding them into a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment