Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Twenty-eight Days of Art

Today, I took on a more challenging piece for Day 12.  Quite frankly, I was not sure whether I would get this done today or not.  I chose to do a "Hand Carved Stamp".  I had a very hard time coming up with an idea, and when I did, I was not sure how I was going to execute it, but I figured it out and made it work.  I decided to go with Poppies and Poppy Pods.

On the left is my drawing I came up with to use for my design.
On the right is the stamp, partially carved.

Here is a closer picture of what I have carved so far.

All the lines have been carved, but I did not carved out the negative space, because I am not sure if I like it as is, or do I just want the flowers and pods.  If I use it as is, I will get more of a sketchy look when I stamp.  If I carved out the negative space, then I will get the flowers and pods only.  This thinking on this one.











Here is close-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment