Monday, May 28, 2018

What I've Up To...

Just Playing


Had a few ideas in my head I wanted to give a try.  Spent a day playing around with the ideas, just to see what worked and what did not.  I had lots of fun exploring the different techniques and experimenting.

 
The first thing I tried, was this little flip booklet using a cereal box.  The outside is covered with scrapbook paper, the inside with book pages and I used a strip of muslin for the hinge.  Folded some coffee stained paper, cut to size for the inside and there you have it.  May decorate the outside of this little booklet at another time.
The dimensions are 4" X 6". 


Next, I made some tracing paper bags and then covered the outside with music sheets and napkins.  Added paper doilies, lace and flowers.  The pink flower on the right was made from a used dryer sheet.  
These were so much to make.


I also made some envelopes and library pockets using coffee stained book pages.  
Good additions to use in a Junk Journal.


Here are some crochet motifs I made while watching television. I had so much fun making these tiny little doilies, I could have made a whole lot more.  I had some bed crochet thread that I stained with coffee before crocheting them.  These will be cute little additions to add to my bags, envelopes and Junk Journals.

No comments:

Post a Comment