Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Paper Quilts

Cathedral Windows


Here is another quilt made entirely out of paper.


I used scrapbook paper and painted, stencil, sprayed, etc. to make painted papers.  These are a sample of some of the painted papers.  However, these are not the ones I used for this particular project.  These papers will be used in a future project.

I punched out 1-1/2" circles and cut some 1" squares.  I also used regular scrapbook paper that I did not paint.  You place a 1" square in the middle of the circle and fold over the sides, thus creating the quarter circle shapes.  I cut another piece of paper to the size I wanted and glued down the shapes onto the paper.


Here is a close-up of the quilt.  I also went along the edges of the circles with a gold pen to add more dimension to each piece.

The quilt is not yet finished.  The flap on top will be folded over to the backside and glued down to make a sleeve.  I am thinking of painting a color around the edges to make it look like a border.  Have not decided  yet if that is what I will do and if I do for certain, or what color I will painted around the edges.

I had fun making this quilt, but the most fun was painting the papers for the quilt.

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely so beautiful. Very creative and I love how you combined paper and the Zentangle Bales pattern. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome. I did not realize that the pattern in quilting, Cathedral Windows, turned out to be the Zentangle patter Bales as well. Thank you for sharing ;-)

    ReplyDelete