Monday, February 13, 2017

ATC Swap

February ATC Swap
Valentine


The history of Valentine's Day and the story of its patron saint is shrouded in mystery.  We do know that February has long been celebrated as a month of romance, and that St. Valentine's Day, as we know it today, contains vestiges of both Christian and ancient Roman traditions.  

Valentine's Day is celebrated on February 14 and is a festival of romantic love, which is just around the corner. As a matter of fact, if you do not already know, it's tomorrow.  

I belong to an ATC Club, which I attend once a month at "This N That" in Chino Hills, CA.  This month's ATC swap was a Valentine theme and you had to have a heart on it.  This is what I came up with for my ATC swap. ATC stands for Artist Trading Card and measures 3-1/3" X 2-1/2", usually.  They are miniature works of art and can be simple or elaborate.  It's up to the maker.  

For my ATC I added text pages, some paint, a bit of scrapbook paper, burlap, a doily and a heart made from corrugated cardboard.  I added a little paint to the heart, an arrow tied on with hemp cord and a note of "Love".  

My first ATC

No comments:

Post a Comment