Thursday, March 26, 2015

52-Weeks of Book Binding, Journals and more...

Week Thirteen

For this week's post, I made a coloring book for Grown-Ups.  The book has fifty-five pages. Thirty-five of the coloring pages are printed on heavy cardstock, ten on watercolor paper and ten on mixed media paper.  The dimensions of the book are 8-1/2" X 11" and the cover is simply white paper wrapped around the book to protect the the book from getting damaged or dirty and is part of the binding.


Most of the coloring pages I used came from Dover and a few are from some I already had on hand.


I originally was going do bind the book using my Bind-It-All.  Since I already made a book using the spiral bound method, I decided to do something different.  As I was looking on the Internet to get some ideas, I came upon this YouTube video that showed how to glue your pages together.


So, I followed the instructions in the video.  Not having a jig, I used two pieces of wood and clamped my cover and pages together while I applied rubber cement to the binding part of the book.  You have to wait a few hours for the rubber cement to dry before you unclamp the book, but once dried, the book holds together well, as you can see below.


I am really looking forward to start coloring.  Since I printed my images on different types of paper, I can use what ever method I want to color my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment