Friday, March 13, 2015

52-Weeks of Book Binding, Journals and more...

Week Eleven
MY PAPER DOLL BOOK


For this week's post, I made a "Paper Doll Book".  


To make the book, first choose a paper bag with handles at the top.  Make sure that the bag you choose is big enough to accommodate your pages.


Choose what type of paper bags you want to use for the pages.  I used paper sandwich bags, because that is what I already had, but you can use whatever type of bag you want.


Cut from the bag, a front and back cover.  You'll be cutting the covers the same width as your pages, but make the height a bit taller.  Mine were about 1/4" taller.

To attach the pages to the bag, you will use a hinge binding. 
Cut cardstock the same width as your pages by 2".  Score at 1" and fold in half.

Glue one side of your hinge to the front cover and the other side to your page.  Fold your page over.  Now glue another hinge with one side to the previous page and the other side to the next page.  Continue until all pages are glue to the hinges.  For the back cover, glue one of the hinges to the previous page and the other side to the back cover.
NOTE:  Try to line-up he bottom edge as evenly as possible.

When you are done, your book should look something like this from the side.


I added a cover over my binding, covered the front and back covers with decorative papers and added a paper doll to the front cover.


Now comes the fun part.  Choosing what paper dolls to put into your book.  I have an assortment here.  Some I purchased, some were down loadable printables, some I had and others, friends gave me from their own stash.


Once I decided which ones I wanted, I sorted them out and put them into their individual bags.  Then I cut up some decorative paper to put into one of my bags, just in case I want to make extra cothing, et cetera.


In another bag, I put in some brads, strings and popsicle sticks.


I put a title on the fron cover, "My Paper Doll Book".


And Voila!  All done.  Now all I need is a pair of scissors and I am ready to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment