Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Franken Pages

Making the Pages

We all have a scrap drawer or box full of left over paper cuts from previous projects.  At least I do, anyway.
Too big to throw away, yet too small to do much with them.  But, what are you to do with them?  The bigger pieces I use to make Junk Journals and the smaller ones I make mini-journals.  However, there are only so many journals you can make.  Right?

Well, I came across this YouTube channel the other day that showed how to make bigger pages from scraps of left over cut-offs.  They called them "Franken Pages"  I do not know how they came up with that name, but that is what they called them.

So, here is my hand at making "Franken Pages".  I must say I did really enjoy making these pages.  They were lots of fun.  It was a little intimidating at first.  I was not quite sure what I was doing.  Once I got the hang of it, however, the pages came together quickly.  I loved doing the stitching on them once they were done.  I think it brought a cohesiveness to them.

Back Side

Front Side

I hope you will give it a try and use up some of those left over pieces you have sitting around waiting to be use.  
See what you can create with those left over pieces.

4 comments:

  1. Well that is a clever idea. Like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bring them Saturday and you can take a look see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Franken pages" from "Frankenstein" because you are using pieces to make a whole ☺️

    ReplyDelete