Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Journal

"Fall Leaf"

Since doing fall leaves at the ARTbar, I have been in a Fall Leaf sort of mood.  

Today, I decided to draw and color a Fall Leaf in my journal.  Reading the "Artist Way" Book many years ago had started me journaling ever since.  

When I bought my new journal book "Tesla Journal", 

I decided to combine a bit of art along with the journaling.  Every other side of the left pages are either a half page or a full page.  The right side has lines for journaling.  Sometimes I do not feel up to doing art, so on left side I will draw lines to journal on as well.

But, today, the fall leaf called out to me.

I drew the leaf in pen and colored it in with watercolor pencils.  Instead of using water to blend the colors, I used matte medium instead.  Using the matte medium helps seal the colors so they will not rub off and since it is not as liquidy as water, it did not bleed through to the other side of the page.

As you can see, I continued the lines from the right side to the left for my journaling.  I took the picture before journaling, but now with the written words around one side of the leaf, it has, I think, enhanced the leaf like a shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment