Saturday, September 12, 2015

52-Weeks of Book Binding, Journals and more...

Week 37
Journals, Journals, Journals

You do realize with this being the end of week 37 there are only 15 weeks left before the end of the year.
That being said...

This time around I made two more Dos-A-Dos books and four pamphlet style journals.  It was more about embellishing the covers and using different types of paper for the pages.


 I made one for a little girl that has pages for drawing and four for watercoloring.
The other side has plain paper for journaling.



I made one for a little boy that also has pages for drawing and watercoloring and the other side has regular paper for journaling as well.


On my post of August 27th, I had bought some additional scrapbook paper to make more Dos-A-Dos Books, but I changed my mind and decided to make pamphlet style journals instead and embellish them.

Before embellishments...
After embellishments. 
 I added clock hands to the the pamphlet with the clock, a tag for the star pamphlet, a bow for the owl and a paper doily and button for the one on the bottom right.

I also used different types of paper for the pages...

For the clock, I used Toned Tan paper from Strathmore for the pages,

the star pamphlet with the tag, cream color writing paper for journaling,

and although it is hard to tell, I used Strathmore's Toned Grey for the owl.

Last, but certainly not least, I used Strathmore Artagain paper for these pages.  Great for chalk, pastels, white pens and Sakura Gellyroll pens.

I had a lot of fun making these and using different papers for my pages.  I also had fun embellishing the covers.  I might see if I can find some really fun scrapbook paper I can really embellish and some odd and unusual papers for the pages.  

With Christmas just around the corner, I may make more of the Dos-A-Dos books for stocking stuffers.

No comments:

Post a Comment