Thursday, April 2, 2015

52-Weeks of Book Binding, Journals and more...

WEEK 14
"Easter Egg Booklet"

Because Easter is Sunday, I made an Easter Egg Cover booklet.  Using watercolors and pattering, I created the cover for this booklet in no time.

Using Strathmore Watercolor Cards, I drew an egg shape lightly in pencil, on the front of the card.

Then, using a paint brush, I wet the inside of the shape with water.  I used Twinkling H20s to add color to the egg shape, letting the colors blend.  I also added more water, so the colors would run into each other.  Then I set it aside to dry.  If you want to hurry up the drying process, you can use a heat gun for this.

After the watercolors dry, start to add patterns to the different colored shapes.  I let the different shapes of the colors guide me.  When adding patterns, try to balance the patterns, so one side is not more dominant then the other side.

I used five sheets of computer paper for the inside pages.  I cut the paper to fit inside of the card and folded them in half. I then punched two holes in the papers and card.  I used ribbon to bind my booklet and tied a bow to finish it off (see above picture).

Your booklet is now ready to journal, sketch or to give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment