Saturday, February 21, 2015

52-Weeks of Book Binding, Journals and more...

WEEK EIGHT
"Journal Cover"


This week's post is a journal cover.  I found this Journal Cover design on the StencilGirl website designed by Linda Kittmer.  I am not going to do a whole tutorial on the cover.  For more information on how to do the cover, you can go to the StencilGirls Tutorials and there is a tutorial on how to do the cover.

This will be the front of the journal.  I used Golden Heavy Body Acrylics to paint my fabric.  The design was outlined with a permanent fine tip marker.

 The original design had the turquoise tree on the backside of the cover too,  
but I wanted mine only in the front.

 This is a close-up of the heart.  The title of the book cover is "Heart Swirl Love".

After the paint had dried and all the designs had been done, I folded over the fabric and stitched  along the top and bottom edge to make pockets.  This time around, I am using a gridded "Composition Notebook"  instead of a Sketch Book or Journal.

Back side of Journal Cover.

1 comment:

  1. I love how this turned out. The colors are especially yummy.

    ReplyDelete