Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Artist Date

SoulCollage

 


I have dubbed Wednesday's as my "Artist Date".

Anyone familiar with Julia Cameron and her book, "The Artist Way", knows that she has you take yourself, the artist, on date.  It can be as simple as sitting and reading a book, to as extravagant as taking yourself on a day trip.  

But, there is one catch.  You are the only one allowed to take you on a date.  No one else.  This time is for you only.  No intruders, no distractions.  This is a day for "you" to enjoy without anyone, or anything else to infringe on "your time".  

I have to admit, I have used my artist date for doing chores/housework.  I know that may sound silly.  Why would I do chores/housework on a day when I can do anything else?  Well, I'll tell you why.  For me spending the day alone, with some inspiring music (ABBA) is sort of, kind of, meditative.  I rock while dusting, dance with the mop and shake my booty, while doing laundry.  Before I know it, my house is clean and I have had a wonderful time enjoying the music AND a clean house.

Today, however, I spent the day doing SoulCollage.  SoulCollage is a method of self-discovery through the creation of intuitive analysis of a deck of collaged cards.  It was developed by Seena B. Frost, M.A., M.Div.  Cards are made my tearing or clipping images (often from magazines) and then combining them, perhaps against a new background image, into a collage.  All cards in one's deck should be the same size, generally 5" X 8".  

So, I decided I would do three cards.  Why?  Why not.  I notice when I was finished with them, they were all similar.  Not that I planned it that way.  It just happened.  I am not sure what they mean, but they DO mean something.  I will leave it at that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment