Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Excerpt from my journal...


Saturday Thoughts

I remember when I was a young girl, sometimes after church on Sunday, we would go for a drive.  No where in particular, just a drive.  Sometimes we would pick up something to eat and have lunch in the car on our way to nowhere.  To me, that was fun.  Sometimes we would go to Lincoln Park in Los Angeles and go on the pony rides.  Across the way was the Merry-Go-Round.

Empty Carousel Merry Go Round Park Attraction Stock Photo, Picture ...

It had a Calliope that would play music as we went around and around.  You had to try and catch the brass ring.  I never did, but I think my Dad did, once. 

Things were very simple back then, but to me, so much more fun.  So much more enjoyable.  We didn't have things to do things with, but yet we still did things.  We had fun enjoying what we had.  

Today we have so much, but like a child at Christmas, once the presents are opened, we tire and want to know, "what's next."  We are bored with the old, at the same time, not enjoying what we have.  So much more progress, yet so much more unhappiness.  It should be the opposite.  

What happened?  

What changed?

1 comment:

  1. I believe what changed is technology and industry. All this new stuff getting invented and changed is making us all more complacent. Would be nice to go back to simpler times.

    ReplyDelete