Friday, November 17, 2017

Books

December Christmas Book

I make books.  I love making books.  I journal.  I love to journal.

Every morning I journal; morning pages.  I started this after I read the book "Artist Way", by Julia Cameron.  Some of you  may recognize the book and/or author.

I have been doing morning pages since 2011.  So, for about 6 years.  That is a lot of journals.  But, I enjoy the process and now have gotten into the habit of writing in my journal every morning.  I have been writing in a journal someone gifted me, since September 1st and will end November 30th.

I wanted to make a special book for December 2017.  Sort of a journal/photo album/smash book.  I want it to contain the memories that I will be writing about and places to add pictures.  A place to add ticket stubs or movies tickets or.... 

So, this is the book that was created.  It measures 8-1/2" X 8".  I love the way it turned out.


Since I did not have pages large enough, I chose to use cheap file folders.  I wanted the folders to be more paper like.  I also used 11" X 14" paper that I coffee dyed, which created a flap when folded.


I added some scrapbook paper to put photos onto.  Because the backside of the paper is white, I can use it for journaling.


I sewed in an envelop to put either embellishments or things I collect along the way that can not be attached to the pages.


There a lots of pages for writing, for photos, for smashing and whatever else I  may want to add to the book.


I made the front and back cover the same and I like how the plaid binding looks.  To me, it gives it an old fashion sort of feel.


Although I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving, I can hardly wait until December 1st gets here, so I can start writing in my book and adding all those other memories along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment