Sunday, June 11, 2017

Zines

Zine 1
(Pronounced "Zeen")


I know, your thinking "what the heck are you doing, drawing and writing every which way?"
Well, I happened to stumble upon these cute little miniature magazines, called Zines.
They can be anything you want, from political, to just plain nonsense and can be anywhere from 2-3/4" X 4-3/4" to 5-1/2" X 8-1/2" and anything in between.

The paper is folded in such a way that you end up with 8 sections.  A front and back...


page 1 & 2...


page 3 & 4...


...and page 5 & 6.


When I saw these, I thought I'd try it out and see what I could come up with for my Zine.  Of course, once again, it took a life all of it's own.  I was going to do more writing, but it turned out more interactive instead.

I used stickers, some images from a magazine and most everything else was drawn free hand, even the writing, printing and lines.

It's nice when you try something new and you not only enjoy the process,
but everything comes together so nicely.

2 comments:

  1. It was lots of fun too! What I really liked about it was the small spaces to do bits of artwork which was not overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete