Sunday, June 25, 2017

HANDMADE PAPER


Making Paper


I made handmade paper today.  It surprise myself, because that was not my intent today. The weather being as hot as it was, however, inspired me to go outside and create something.  Not that I enjoy the heat by any means.  In fact I hate the heat, but for making papers, it was ideal.  That meant I could work outside and my papers would dry quickly.

Although I did not really know what I was doing, I still had fun.  I decided the papers I would make today, would be my trials and errors and I would just have fun experimenting.  And I did.

So, today I figured out how much paper to use to make my pulp, to get the desired thinness of the paper I wanted.  I also learned that less is more when it comes to adding leaves and flowers and the like.  I like my papers a little less decorated.  I did not like the paper being thick. One of my papers came out extra thick.  Did not like that.  It made it feel more like Khadi Paper.  I do like Khadi paper, but for my purpose, it was not what I wanted.  

I got my paper making kit from "Paper Alice".  She has several different sizes, but the kit that I purchased was the 8-1/2" X 11".  I have been wanting to make paper for a long time now and when I saw her video, it inspired me to do so.

Perfect weather for making paper.  A perfect day well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment